cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2007, 04:43 AM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default Alta/Bingham game and D-I recruits

I went to the Alta/Bingham game tonight.

I've never seen an atmosphere like that at a High School Football game here in Utah. I'd say around 10K were there easy.

Bingham held on to win 23-20. Let's talk about the D-I recruits.

* Austin Holt --- Pulled up lame early in the game and wasn't much of a factor. Had one reception I believe. He stopped playing defense that night and they had just playing on offense. I could've sworn I overheard him tell the trainer that it was his quad tightening up on him. Between offensive series he was getting stretched and worked over by the trainer. The kid is the leader of the team and acts like it.

* Sam Langi --- Running Back for Bingham. The kid is similar to Reno Mahe in speed and shiftiness. He was nails in the 4th quarter scoring the go ahead TD for Bingham. His only downside is he's tiny. I"m talking Justin Robinson like tiny. Heck of a competitor though. I guess BYU is waiting to see how his academics progress before offering him.

* Derek Tuimauga --- I know the Ute fans will automatically be inclined to jump on me for this,,,but the guy can barely run. Seriously. He can barely move. Compared to him Brian "Lunchbox" Sanders is Carl freaking Lewis.

* Whoever Alta's Middle Linebacker is -- The kid is tall and very fast for his size. I'd guess he's 6'4 or 6'5 and I can envision him being a pretty good pass rush hybrid DE/OLB at the next level. He would over pursue and take the wrong angle on occasion,,,but the kid can flat out play. I've no idea who he is, but I'll be stunned if he doesn't have any D-I offers.

* Justin Sorenson --- By far the story of the night. He had 3 field goals....2 of which went for 59 and 51 yards. All of his kickoffs went sailing HIGH up through the uprights and a good 15-20 yards beyond that. The only kickoffs that were returned is when they ran a designed squib kick play. The kid is a freak. I've never seen anyone in high school or college games I've been to kick the ball like this kid can.