cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Booing

I gotta chime in on the whole booing debate.

I agree that it is probably never appropriate to boo your own team's student athletes. It's bad form. If they screw up, I'm pretty sure they know about it, get frustrated, and are motivated to do better. They are trying their best out there. I'd imagine they also get an earful from their coaches when they screw up as well.

That said, I don't have a problem booing the other team when they do something unsportsman-like.

I don't have a problem booing the refs when they absolutely screw us with a blown call.

I think I'm still on the fence about booing our coaches when they make a bad decision. Usually that involves booing when the coaches decide to punt or kick a field goal on 4th down instead of going for it when the crowd wants to roll the dice. That shouldn't be booed. Throwing the football deep down in our own territory when we are ahead of Stanford late in the 4th quarter instead of running the football and grinding clock....I'm ok with booing that kind of boneheadedness.

Your thoughts?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote