cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Patterson took advantage of a conference, or perhap conferences, that was even worse than the MWC. I know he beat a bad Oklahoma team, has TCU ever beaten a team under Paterson that finished ranked other than CSU in 2000 I think it was?

I think he is a solid coach, but before we continue on with what he did he inherited a decent program from Franchione. I can't recall if he inherited LT or not. Regardless, he did not bring TCU up from the ashes.

Perhaps institutional support might be more at BYU but so is institutional meddling, unless it is well managed and/or run off. A HC at BYU has to deal with a hell of a lot more than a HC at TCU. I don't even think it is a comparison.

Finally, I like BYU's recruiting base for many positions. However, it is unquestionable that TCU should recruit far better skill players even with Texas and aTm left overs. BYU cannot win games with the best LDS cornerbacks even if their OL has 2-3 future NFL players.

I think the longer Patterson stays at TCU the less national cache he has. He now has to deal with BYU year in and year out. This ain't conference USA or the post Mtn West WAC.

Finally, head to head......Patterson beat Bronco once but more because of attrition than coaching. There was no excuse for Patterson to lose that game to BYU last year with all the advantages TCU had.
does this list of recruits look impressive to you?

http://tcu.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=189
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote