cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #11
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Finally, Goat throws a bone embedded with words of wisdom. This is so amusing to observe a bunch of "men" tell me why I should be happy to be a second class citizen in the church.
Do you want to be a bishop or something? If so, you don't understand how crappy higher priesthood callings are. Count your blessings.

Quote:
The GA, newly minted bishop or immature CG'er (hi JL) who publicly praises his wife is nothing more than patronizing and demeaning.
Thank you for speaking for every wife of a GA in the church. Why don't you go ask one how they feel about it? Just because you think it's demeaning doesn't mean it is. You sound very bitter.

Quote:
What you are really saying is "I appreciate my wife for being submissive to my awkward attempts at romance/sex and indulging my appetite for attention.
What you are really saying is, "I hate men and think they are all pigs."

See how fun it is to have your statements misinterpreted by complete strangers?

Quote:
I had a HC once tell me he enjoyed "looking down" at the congregation while sitting his fat ass on the stand and assessing our failings.
Relevance = fail.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote