cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #23
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I don't thik it is smarter here than there, I just think you are more likely to be able to have an intelligent conversation. Moreover, becasue the baord doesn't move as quickly, you can post something a little meatier and people can kick it around and then post about it later after some thought, so the whole process tends to be more than drive by opinion-cizing.

As with all generalizations, this is prone to be incorrect in the specific instance, but in genreal I think this is true. Besides, how can we be 'smarter' here when we all post (or have posted) on CB?
That's probably true, and I also think there is an unwritten expectation here that you try and avoid posting mindless drivel.

On the board there's always someone who will participate in any random topic you present like the recent "Do you clip your nails at work thread...I posted in that one. I sincerely doubt that most of the regular posters over here would waste their time posting in that thread, so if you want to participate, you have to step up your game.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote