cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default CSU game and BYU FB analysis

I was a little surprised to read posts and hear on the radio from the wrist slashers about how bad this game was. Take out the last TD and the game was a workmanlike grind-it-out 35-9 victory over a traditionally tough MWC foe. Never something to be upset about.

Our rushing game wasn't that great, but they were focused on stopping it. Our main rusher Unga averaged five yards a carry. We were able to get Fui some touches.

Hall was on target, though he didn't throw many long balls. It was nice to see Collie more involved. Hall's got a big problem with not feeling the rush from the left side. It was nice to see him with a great PER day after being so low lately.

Here is how BYU is stacking up in my SOS adjusted offense and defensive scoring stat.

Offense: #49
Defense: #32

Overall, about like we expected, though offense is doing a little worse. Offense has got to improve for the TCU game--primarily the OL protecting Hall.

I think we're probably not good enough to go undefeated against TCU, Wyoming, and Utah.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote