cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Max Hall

is a stud college quarterback. I don't think he has the natural skills to play at the pro level, but he is very good qb for college.

He is also a gamer. He seems to play his best against better opponents. He is confident, cocky and good. I thought he played his best all around game yesterday. He made only one bad mistake and overthrew a couple of receivers. It seemed to me that he made just about every read correctly and also audibled well. He demonstrated, IMO, his best control and command of the game management and the offense that I have seen this year.

He has a nice touch on the touch passes and can get some heat on the mid range throws into traffic. That one pass to Michael Reed in traffic had some smoke on it. He really is amazingly poised and knows which throw to throw when.

If John Beck had Max's intangibles, Gary Crowton might still be our coach. John certainly developed those intangibles and perhaps the fact that the team is so much better aids Max to just play and not believe he has to win the game individually. However, IMO there is no comparison to Max's confident, poise and moxie as a sophmore and that of John's. Unfortunately, I doubt Max will ever have John's physical skills and thus the playbook to some extent will be limited.

I think Max is going to play very well against the Utes. He is the type that just relishes those type of opportunities and it will bring out his best.