cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yet another meeting??????

They discussed the new missionary program (new lesson plan and approach to teaching) at our stake leadership meeting a week and a half ago. As part of the discussion, they asked that quorum and RS leaders attend the weekly ward missionary coorelation meeting. This in addition to the new meeting they introduced at the last stake leadership meeting that is supposed to take place right after the block with the missionaries and representatives from all the auxillaries. (Isn't this all starting to sound redundant?)

What is going on here? Within the past seven months, we have taken on two new meetings that are needless if, by my reckoning, (1) the ward mission leaders did their jobs, and (2) they invited the missionaries to PEC.

Is anybody else being asked to do the same? Or is this just our local leadership? I tell you, I have no desire to put my Sunday family time at the whim of some loquacious ward mission leader who has nothing else to do on Sundays.

Is this the road to apostacy?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote