cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2008, 04:17 AM   #33
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I probably shouldn't have, but I watched it.

It's no great secret that I am no fan of John McCain, but I thought tonight's performance was especially inexcusable.

- With respect to the mortgage problems he said there are some "greedy Wall Street people that should be punished."
- He persisted in the stupid lie about Romney's "timetable" answer.
- He was completely unconvincing on immigration. There's no question he'd vote for his bill if it came to the floor again.
- He said he worked in the public sector (instead of the private) out of a desire for "patriotism, not for profit."
- He took a shot at Romney for people that may have lost their jobs in his companies.

In short, he appeared irritable and especially combative, certainly not like a guy who just won pole position.

Romney's still a longshot, and I don't think this debate will end up changing many minds, but what a disaster for a Republican is John McCain.
Exactly right! John McClinton is an EMBARASSMENT to the party! He wants to punish people on Wall Street?! What the hell? He sounds like a freaking Democrat! They guy has no shame, and is a complete moron.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote