cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I'm not hardly either. Granting the fact that I'm ill-informed as to the specifics of when & where the games would have been available on the ESPN deal...and particularly the specifics with ESPN Gameplan...

-for the average BYU fan in, say, Tennessee, the ESPN deal would have broadcast how many home games nationwide in either ESPN or ESPN2? My guess is not all of them.

-Now, for that Tennessee fan, with the Mtn (according to the info widely understood about the deal), all he has to do is have DirecTV and pick up the Sports Package (at $12/month), and he's got EVERY BYU home game, AND EVERY MWC game. Meaning he might miss 2 games a year.

I'd be surprised if ESPN would have made all but 2 games available to the poor sap in Tenn.
You must be about 21 years old, too young to remember the old days.

For at least the last two years of the ESPN deal, a BYU fan could watch every single BYU football game. Some games were nationally broadcast, and the rest were on ESPN gameplan. Gameplan cost $100 for the year, and included a lot of non-BYU games as well.

For the New Mexico fan, I'm sure the calculus is now improved.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote