cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #31
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
When I was a younger man and wore a younger man's clothes, I would pray and ask God what it would have been like to have been older in the early 80's and with the internet. God granted me my wish.

Honestly, in your wildest dreams when BYU's athletic administrators were in Hawaii with the football program in shambles and nobody scrambling to fix it, the hoops team unable to get the ball across halfcourt and losing badly to everybody did we ever think that in 3 years BYU would have every team in this conference holding onto our belt loops being passed around for a pack of smokes? I don't know if it is Holmoe, Samuelson, God or Mike Waters, but somebody somewhere has done something good.

I can imagine this is how the early 80's would have been with the internet.

God is great!
The late seventies and 80's were awesome. As I have mentioned numerous times, I have many friends who are of the Ute persuasion. Back then we would actually get into big time arguments over reffing, money, tithing going to BYU, McMahon and others not obeying the honor code, etc.

Fast forward to the late 90's until now. These same friends started to not being so upset at BYU. So far, even the recent run has not turned them back into their old selves.

However, I am proud to say we are generating a new era of BYU haters. Believe me, the more remote our chances for the sportsmanship trophy, the more we must be beating up on the poor little dwarfs in the conference.

May we get back to the days of BYU and the seven dwarfs, I guess there are 8 now.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote