cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #11
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
This girl was a roommate of an ex-girlfriend of mine at BYU. I never heard this first hand but from my ex and the other roommates who shared all this with me. I don't know what ever became of the couple. But I do know that they had sex once a week at a designated time. This was the wife's compromise for her husband as each experience was traumatic for her. Now I won't suppose to know the ins and outs of their relationship or any past experiences that may have caused her to react this way, but from what she inferred it was because she couldn't compartmentalize something that she had been taught all her life was wrong and guarded herself against was right.

Now if I didn't know this couple personally I would have chalked this up as mormon myth.
I absolutely believe you. I've known too many prudes in my life.

I read an article on Webmd.com a few months back that talked about regular 'sex dates'. The article said it's a good idea when a couple's libidos don't match up well, as it relieves a lot of the stress involved with a) the 'woman' (read: partner who wants it less) feeling guilty for denying it & stressed about the potential of being begged all the time, and b) the 'man' feeling put out for being rejected.

It's important, IMO, to ensure at least some sexual compatibility with your future spouse. If there's certain hang-ups with one partner about sex, it's important to work those out beforehand...even if it means you end up parting ways.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote