cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 05:28 AM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Yeah that was a good article. I really do take heart that there are fair-minded moral Jews who see the current state of Israel as absolutely morally untenable and damning.
What is happening to Israel as described in the article is a function of Jews' spectacular consmopolitanism, education, intellectualism, and sophistication. Buffeted by barbarians who are hard as iron and pitiless and wholly lacking in regard for life including their own or any secular interests or appetites the Jews are gradually being worn down. It's somewhat like what happened to the Roman Empire. Civilized people have no stomach for warfare.

As Burg said in the notorious interview, "The Israeli élite has already parted with this place. And without an élite there is no nation." Were I an Israeli, I would want my son or daughter to go to college and settle in U.S., to get out of Isreal. The myth is no longer enough to sustain Israel, and there never was enough of anything else. Especially with the daily danger. I can't imagine the stress the threat of terrorism must cause these exceedingly civilized people. Pity for the Palestinians was really very little of the factors this article covered.

It's an extreme example of what's happening to religions all over the world (extreme because of the extreme conditions), as we see on this board. People wonder why Mormon growth is flattening. It's flattening because unbelief is now a major worldwide "belief" system, and growing faster than Islam in its early years. This passage speaks volumes: "One subject that especially infuriated Shavit, and provoked countless letters to the editor, e-mail screeds, and editorial-page rebuttals, was Burg’s depiction of the European Union as an almost irresistibly attractive 'biblical utopia' and his flouting of the fact that he holds a French passport, because his wife is French-born, and voted in the recent French elections."

So the Islamo facsists may yet wind up with Israel, and I bet blood would then run in the sand (I wonder if they'd keep the streets and other infrastructure in shape) as never before. Supporting Israel over militant/radical Islam is a no brainer, but the future doesn't look great.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 05-28-2008 at 05:31 AM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote