cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #34
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
So could someone less lazy than I please enlighten me on the basics of how it works? How many total miles? How many runners per team and how many legs per runner?

Thanks.
http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/coursemaps/

This link will give you the gist (sp?) of it. 12 runners to a team, broken up into two cars. Car one does their legs while car two waits at exchange point, once car one is done with their six legs, hands off to car two, drives ahead to next exchange, and waits 3-6 hours for car two to finish, and so on and so on.

It's a freaking blast.

While any individual runner is out running, their car will drive ahead anywhere from .25-.50/mile and wait, make sure their runner is ok when he/she approaches, then drives on ahead again. You are not allowed to "tail" your runners.

There are volunteers set up about .25/mile outside of each leg exchange, they will radio in your bib number as you approach, and a person at the exchange will yell out the bib number, so the next runner on your team is ready when they get there. It's pretty well organized, though as I mentioned in a previous post, they don't offer support of any kind, so you and your team are responsible for yourselves.

One of the best parts is seeing how teams decorate their cars. It's also common practice to put marks on your car for each "kill" you make, meaning how many runners your team passes. I personally think that's a lame thing to do, but whatever.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote