cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
It's sad, but really what can the church do differently without changing doctrine?

I'm still not convinced that people are born gay. I think that they probably develop those tendencies very early on though. I read an article about people who succumb to fear, and lead lives that are limited by their fears have a portion of their brain that actually physically grows bigger. Additionally in this little training class I took they said that children who grow up in a home with domestic violence brains develop differently, and they all exhibit similar issues as they get older. So I wonder if being gay is not something along those same lines. It's just a thought.
I'm not sure why any of that matters as far as born gay or not.

I think the church could do a lot without changing doctrine. I don't think you'd see a person struggling with a coffee habit give the same emotion as a gay Mormon when it comes to feeling ostracized.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote