cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question: Spirituality

What is it? This is more for FM.

When you're asking for spirituality, what are you looking for?

I'm not certain what you mean by spiritual experiences, unless you simply mean religious, emotional experience with a religious overtone.

Discussion by its very nature tends to be analytical, and emotion, of which spiritual experiences play a part, the soul's manner of expressing its internal assimilation of external stimuli. Actually, I suppose discussion in the form of relationships can tend to be one of sharing and making one feel accepted, but on a guy dominated board, that characteristic is not likely to be prevalent.

Perhaps what you're stating is that manner in which we make heads or tails out of a relating of a spiritual experience is to dissect it to a point where you don't recognize it from the beginning. That may be true from time to time.

The reason I ask is, I have deeply moving experiences at unusual times in unusual places. My last visit to the USS Arizona, was both haunting and moving, to a point of tears. Is that what you want, or do you only want religious based emotion?