cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You might run into one of the dickheads in the St. George area, so be prepared for bad sportsmanship on their part, win or lose.
Yeah, I ran into one of those types already. Our first game vs. Bountiful, my son hit a chopper to second, and the second baseman made a bad throw that went under the first baseman's glove and hit my son in the foot as he got to first. Their coaches start screaming like madmen that my boy had kicked the ball, and should be out. So the ump comes down to first, tells the other coaches that he's sick and tired of their act, and basically to shut the hell up. They keep screaming that we kicked the ball, and the ump says he didn't see it.

So as I'm standing there, one of their coaches gets literally six inches from my ear and says something like "Why don't you be a man and tell the ump what you saw, stop cheating". Then one of their idiot dads starts yelling the same B.S. at me. I was fuming, and the "F-You" was halfway up my throat when I decided to keep my mouth shut and ignore them.

So we win the game, and afterwards I try to explain to the guy that if my son had kicked a hit or gone out of his way to kick the throw, he'd have an argument, but HIS guy made a bad throw that hit my son in the foot. That's not an out, otherwise we'd all just start throwing the ball at runners feet to get them out. He just kept insisting that I should have told the ump what I saw, and I said what I saw was his second baseman make a poor throw and his first baseman miss the catch, all of which he was conveniently overlooking. It was completely ridiculous. Luckily, they were eliminated last night so we don't have to deal with their ignorance again.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote