cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dark Knight: a chronicle

For overzealous fans of the caped crusader, with no mention of the caped crusaderette, the film was one capable of meeting most expectations, unless those expectations are looking for the depth of Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky.

Ours started at 12:01 right past midnight. Which means you sit in your seat with your 14 year old son watching everybody arrive for about an hour.

My son texted me, sitting right next to me, "these ARE nerds." At first I didn't comprehend, but that didn't last long.

The moviegoers in front of us started arguing about code. No, C+++ is better for that application. In your dirty code, you should have used xxx

Huh. People wore bat hats and weird stuff. I couldn't wait for the film to start.

Seven or eight trailers later, including one for SPIRIT, a really weird looking film sometime in spring of 2009, we see the offered fare.

It starts off with a good tempo and picks up steam. It's a 150 minutes long, but it wasn't too long.

Heath Ledger virtually stole the show and showed why he was a talented actor. He created depth in a cartoon character. For the most part, Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman and the guy playing the butler did outstanding. There may be a little less in terms of script material, because it's difficult to show soul-searching in this medium, but there are a few twists mildly unanticipated.

It is worth the show, even if that means you don't get to bed until four and get up an hour later for a three hour bike ride only to sit here vegging not wishing to work and hoping sushi lunch gets here more quickly than normal.

Downside, the real Barbara Gordon doesn't appear at all.

Recommendation: See it live, don't wait for the DVD.