cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I think this is a large reason for the difference in faith in for example, me and you.

I believe the opposite. I believe things are more correct now in the church than ever. I look at it like God gives a little at a time, and Joseph had to "make up" a lot of stuff because he was creating a new church where everything on the table was suddenly negotiable. God maybe gave him a little and Joseph maybe thought he was getting more than he really got. As God gave little by little over time the cumulative revelation is increasing. So you squirm over Pres. Hinckley saying we don't know much about "as man is God once was, etc." or over polygamy being rejected completely by modern church, where I see it as part of an evolution towards God's complete truth.
JS does not come across to me as a CEO working with a board of trustees.

I think a lot of people believe the church is on cruise control, for decades now.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote