cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I've told my story about Mark E. Peterson balling us out, and linked it here from Cougarboard. He shook us up badly, but it didn't change anything. We went right on doing what we were doing.

Of course Mark E. Peterson was right. But the thing that to this day strikes me as odd about that experience is that he dressed us all down in that chapel, the MP and all of us missionaries, together. Why didn't he give the MP a directive to implement? Why didn't they keep MEP's concerns between them? WHy did he humiliate the MP in front of all of us? No one said anything but you could cut the tension with a knife in that meeting. My MP was dying a thousand deaths, I could see. It was really bizarre. To this day I regard it as one of the weirdest experiences of my life.

I think MEP was probably just the biggest asshole I ever met. That's the only explanation I can think of. From this distance the whole thing is kind of darkly funny, actually.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote