cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Here is the problem, and I don't mean this negatively...

1. You dont go to any games, anyway (you represent the majority of the complaining BYU fans who really dont travel to any of the games, regardless of location)
2. BYU71, for as much of his piss and vingear routine.....he goes to the games. Of course he does. He has already started backtracking about how he *may* now go to the UNLV game....yawn. he will go. regardless of the schedule. Or, better said....he will keep buying the tickets. He may give them to his son or whomeever, but he will keep buying them.

So the real issue is that those who complain lack the standing to do so (they provide no direct $$ to the program) and those with the standing aren't really going anywhere, anyway. What are old CC legacies going to do? Start giving their money to Utah? Start following another school?

This is a business move. And it isnt half bad, actually.
I did go to the USC game vs BYU. Frankly, LES has a boring atmosphere, so my desire to attend games is not as strong as some. But you are talking to someone who has only had a "real" job now for a short time. I am an untapped market. Multiply that by 10,000 or whatever.

While I may not care as much as some, I don't run into a lot of people in my travels through Mormondom who follow it as closely as me. Remember, if there are 200 people online at CB, that's not actually a large percentage of the number of people who are BYU fans.

I didn't watch the Div-IIa game last year (by choice), and was frankly bored out of my skull during the 2nd half of the WYO game, and if I miss the Utah State game, don't really care.

I can just imagine Bronco laying down a brochure with the future schedule to a recruit. "Look at this shiz, hardcore, who covers the the intermountain west mid-majors like us?"

I could tear the moon apart with my bare hands right now.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote