cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 PM   #39
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
About 7 months left in my mission...Good Ol' Roger Ball from Idaho,,,aka King B Beef Jerky man and Millionaire several times over became our new Mission President.

Our first ZL meeting with all the ZL's we told the President the last thing you should do is tell the missionaries that you trust them to do the right thing.

He ignored our advice and that mission went to hell in a hand basket for about 18 months.

He just needed time to find his niche as MP, but when he said to the missionaries "I trust you to do the right thing and follow the rules." He basically signed the spiritual death warrant of that mission.

My 2 years were up and things were really beginning to unravel. About 6 months later the MP went on a binge and purge throughout the mission and sent several elders and a few sisters home.

It took him being out there for 2 1/2 years before the mission got back to the point where it had been.

The point: NEVER trust 19 year old men away from home.
my mission president had to trust the missionaries. He is sitting in his office two thousand miles away from you. and you are sitting on a small island.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote