cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #11
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Look, I'm not saying Palin is without fault. Her shopping sprees were embarrassing, given the way she had portrayed herself, and she did not come of well in her Couric interviews. I just don't remember her ever campaigning to become the VP choice before she was chosen, and she certainly didn't deserve to be treated the way she was subsequent to her selection.

And sorry, I don't believe that she can't name the countries of North America.

I realize we're only two days past the election, but Sarah has gone back to the boonies, far from where she can ever harm anyone, so why continue to trash her?
I don't know. I'm not trashing her. I just think it's silly to suggest she agreed to the spot out of some sort of civic duty or notion of sacrifice.

And yes, if you follow politics as way-too-much as I do, you'll remember that she was indeed lobbying for the spot.

I also don't think there's much reason to feel sorry for her, as this election cycle has been very very good for her career.

I agree that there's no sense in continuing to criticize her, and I wish that Obama supporters would show a little more respect for the feelings of the voters who supported their candidates just as strongly as we supported ours.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote