cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah
Default Why the venom towards the Lakers?

I have never really understood the Jazz fans hatred towards the Lakers. Is it a Yankee, evil empire thing? And while many hate the Lakers for that reason why do Jazz fans in particular get so riled up over these games? They aren't in the same division. This was a regular season game 15 games in. They aren't rivals. At least not in the eyes of Laker fans. So why the meltdown?

I admit it last week the Jazz beat the Lakers. And the better team won. The Lakers squandered a lead and an opportunity to close out a game they had in command. Though there were some questionable calls down the stretch. They didn't affect Parker going under the screen allowing Deron Williams an open look at a big 3. It didn't explain Kobe's poor 4th quarter. And no matter what Phil complained about, Boozer owned Bynum and Kwame. Barkley's comments were spot on prior to the game last night. The Jazz have amazing fans and the Delta Center is an intimidating place to play and officiate. That's home court advantage. Stockton and Malone benefited from it for years.

But all of the whining today about the calls and FT differential? C'mon. The Jazz could have shot 30 more free throws last night and still lost.

And is it just me or do Utah sports fans whine about officiating more than others? Ute games, BYU games, and Jazz games and their outcomes always seem to hinge on the officiating.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote