cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 03:04 AM   #11
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
A year or so ago, Ecuaboy or someone of his equivalent was going off on how BYU is the Lord's team, they won the SMU game because of the Lord, the success of the football team is leading to missionaries getting into more doors, etc.

I responded with something really cheesy like, "didn't the Lord take from the Jews and give to the Gentiles because of their wickedness? Maybe BYU football has had too many gangbangs, and the student body has let Him down, and thus the promises have been moved up north."

A rediculous reply to a rediculous statement, but I got tons of compliments for it on both sides.

I personaly don't believe that the Lord wants BYU teams to win more than anyone else. What is more likely to me is that the Lord uses the teams (and this doesn't just go for BYU) to teach the individuals playing on them important lessons and the like.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote