cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So I purchased this tent from target...

It's a Greatland?! I was just wasting time on my lunch break and saw this 7-8 man tent and thought it would fit the HUGE air matress I bought at Cabela's over the weekend. I bought the tent because it has a cool enclosed porch area and a pretty big 1-2 room enclosed portion (I guess it has a divider making it 2 rooms). After I got back to work, I started reading the reviews on it (Yes, I know I'm doing the research and purchase thing backwards). Some said it was a VERY good tent, loved all the room and storage area, the ability to stand up and get dressed, etc. etc. Others said that it can't hold out any rain period. Some said they sealed the seams and waterproofed the fly and they still got wet.

So here's my question, I only paid less than $130 after tax. My wife will NOT camp in rain (she will make me give her a 100% no rain guarantee), and we'll most likely only camp over night. So given that there's not going to be a lot of wear and tear on the tent, no rain, etc. Is it worth just keeping the tent or should I take it back and shell out the extra flow for a higher quality tent?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote