cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #91
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Who is this Pete guy? Is it BluePete?
No they are different guys. However,,,lol....I'm surprised that BluePete isn't a moderator. He'd fit the mold perfectly.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #92
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
No they are different guys. However,,,lol....I'm surprised that BluePete isn't a moderator. He'd fit the mold perfectly.
Yes. That's why I made the connection.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #93
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Snipe is every bit the troll Mike is. He is not seen as a troll because of the culture (CB) he posts in.
I believe that Snipe is a troll too, but as was mentioned, he at least believes the stuff he posts. Snipe tries to be annoying to liberals. Mike just tries to be annoying.

Snipe has gotten many penalties in the past for his stuff. If fewer people ignore him, that has nothing to do with me or my opinions.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #94
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
I believe that Snipe is a troll too, but as was mentioned, he at least believes the stuff he posts. Snipe tries to be annoying to liberals. Mike just tries to be annoying.

Snipe has gotten many penalties in the past for his stuff. If fewer people ignore him, that has nothing to do with me or my opinions.
Boy, talk about a complete validation of Mike's point. Nicely done.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #95
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Snipe is so annoying he turned me into a liberal. I couldn't bear to be associated with someone like him.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #96
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
What I want to know is why you've pretty much stopped responding in the appeals process? I don't remember the last time I actually had an appeal responded back to.
I went back and found 3 appeals from you. Two of them were complaining that you didn't really break the rules, and I responded to both of them explaining why you had been penalized. The other one, the appeal didn't actually appeal anything, so nobody bothered responding.

Quote:
Some of your moderators and yourself are having ridiculously itchy trigger fingers with who's getting banned for some of the GAYEST things I've ever heard of. Just admit there's a bias for posters you don't like over that get banned for saying some things that other people wouldn't get banned for...and then your credibility wouldn't be getting damaged so much. You're too obsessed with your dreams of having a G-rated forum and it's clouding your judgement.
I can't speak for all of the moderators. From what I've seen, however, most of them try to be fair and consistent, penalizing people on both sides of issues. When MW was penalized (which prompted this thread), several other people were penalized for calling Mike out for being a troll. Most penalties on Cougarboard are for personal attacks. I can't imagine what Cougarboard would look like if we didn't at least attempt to rein in the personal attacks. Do we read every post? No. Some people get hung up on the fact that someone else got away with something, and that means we're biased. All it means is that we don't read everything.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #97
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Boy, talk about a complete validation of Mike's point. Nicely done.
Oops. I meant BYU71's point.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #98
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the Q and A sessions with Jefe.

So with that being said one quick question.

Be honest now,

Is there a "black list" of sorts, of certain posters? I know you say that you dont read every post but when you see a post from certain posters are you more likely to read it just to make sure it is not breaking the rules? If this is true how do i get off of said list?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #99
El Jefe

El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
AS long as we are throwing out suggestions, why the resigning of something you know you are going to break. How do you know you will break it. Well because some guy is going to judge you on his standards. It is like agreeing to the law of chastity and then all of a sudden realizing your judge is a Shiite Muslim.
Every Sunday, I make covenants that I know I'll break during the week. I try to do my best. Now, Cougarboard rules aren't the Sacrament, and I'm not God. I have you agree to the rules so that people can't claim they don't know about them. Every time I change the rules (thankfully it's been a while), I make everyone re-agree to the rules, and I put a summary of the changes up top.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #100
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I love the Q and A sessions with Jefe.

So with that being said one quick question.

Be honest now,

Is there a "black list" of sorts, of certain posters? I know you say that you dont read every post but when you see a post from certain posters are you more likely to read it just to make sure it is not breaking the rules? If this is true how do i get off of said list?
some of my suspensions have been from Jefe himself at 11:30pm at night for posts earlier in the day pages back. Doing the rounds I'm sure.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote