cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Al Gore is the one who wouldn't let the issue die in Florida, but you digress.

So, how do you feel about it?
I was referring to W's general global aura of unwantedness, but as you say....I digress

Suing to be included in the debate is not something I can get behind, but it is his right to do, and a judge agreed.

That being said, wasnt Ron Paul recently excluded from debating even when he had a comparable poll percentage as other candidates that were included?

In that case, I am not sure if a lawsuit is in order, but I would expect the network to address this openly and explain why it is inviting some candidates and not others.

Personally, I find Kucinich to be somewhat funny...although unintentionally so, at times.

Why dont they have a debate amongsts the candidates wives? That would be even more interesting. These women are also playing a role in our country's leadership. Should they not be held accountable for anything? What kinds of programs would they implement as First Lady? What would their priorities be? Can you imagine what could have happened to Bill's candidacy if Hillary revealed her Universal Health Care idea in the Wives debate? Plus, it would be a nice way to check out Thompson's wife without having to see him next to her.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Even if it breaches a contract it made with Kucinich? Don't you believe in corporations and individuals being held to their contracts?
Sometimes.

Contracts are broken all the time. Life goes on. It's not like he'll be denied food for the rest of his life.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
Homo Erectus

Homo Erectus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Any thoughts about the Nevada judge that said the Dems have to include Kucinich in the Nevada debate?

I'd be kind of pissed. MSNBC, being a private company, can invite whomever it wants to it's debate, but Kucninch sues and a judge agrees and wants to force MSNBC to invite someone it doesn't want?

It seems that Kucinich refuses to accept that he isn't wanted.
I like Kucinich the same way I like Ron Paul...a crazy man who honest enough to buck the politics and call things the way they see them. I'd never vote for either in a million years, but I like having them around, because they force the more seasoned candidates to address reality, as opposed to just spewing trite colloquialisms and trendy buzzwords.

Having said that, I don't think a network should be obligated to provide air time to a candidate garnering less than two percent of the vote in the polls.
Homo Erectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
He's a senior judge, but a good legal mind. I would not view him as prick.
That's good to know. Still, I don't believe it was his decision to make.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote