cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually think it's a smart tactic by the Clintons. Bill does the dirty work, which gets tons of media play, and Hillary can be much more civil and keep her hands relatively clean. Good cop, bad cop. It's very functional.

I actually think it will die down if she gets the party's nomination. The vice-president candidate then plays the role of bad cop.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:44 AM   #12
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Bill isn't running for president, so why does Obama dignify his jabs with a response? If I ran the Obama campaign, I'd assign someone with some gravitas to respond to Bill, perhaps Kerry or someone else. If asked about what Bill just said, Obama should then say something like this, "As far as I know, Bill isn't running for president, his wife is. I'm sure she has a voice in these matters and I'll happily respond when she uses it."

Time for Hillary to cowboy up and quit hiding behind her husband.
He does have Kerry out addressing the matter, but Kerry doesn't merit near the airplay Bill does.

And he has tried repeatedly to point out that Bill isn't the one running, but to no real effect. Hillary manages to spin it like Obama is whining.

Ironic, isn't it, that the first female running for president would be using her husband to try to win the nom? An absolute affront to feminism. After all, why should the second sex need a room of her own when she can just borrow her husband's oval office? sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
I actually think it's a smart tactic by the Clintons. Bill does the dirty work, which gets tons of media play, and Hillary can be much more civil and keep her hands relatively clean. Good cop, bad cop. It's very functional.

I actually think it will die down if she gets the party's nomination. The vice-president candidate then plays the role of bad cop.
It is smart, but I think cunning or conniving might be slightly a more accurate description. It's also incredibly effective. I'd be surprised if either Obama or the Republican candidate can launch an effective counter if the Clintons keep this up.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
It is smart, but I think cunning or conniving might be slightly a more accurate description. It's also incredibly effective. I'd be surprised if either Obama or the Republican candidate can launch an effective counter if the Clintons keep this up.
They could if they hired me.

The idea is to crush the Clintons. Destroy them by any means necessary. Turn their supporters against them. Goad them into doing something that will facilitate their downfall - they really aren't as bright as their ass kissers try to tell us they are. They're arrogant enough that it would be easy.

It's all about playing their game: constantly attack, never back down and never, ever apologize for saying something about them. If you have to hire people to spread rumors, do it, but they have enough baggage that you don't need to lie about them. Bring up Norman Hsu. Incessantly show the tape of Mrs. Clinton lying through her teeth about drivers licenses in New York. Show how fake and cold calculating she is in her laughable announcement about running for President when she forgot that it was during winter when she announced, but the video clearly shows that the weather outside her window is much too nice to be that time of year.

http://video.on.nytimes.com/index.js...2083b67e349f8d

If Obama or the Republican wants to defeat her, he will have to be nasty. If she wants all the rights of a man, she needs to be treated like a man. To hell with her and Bill - do everything possible to crush her.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:15 AM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

The choicest development of the whole thing is how so many liberals are calling the Clintons unprincipled liars.

Duh.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.

Last edited by myboynoah; 01-25-2008 at 04:19 AM.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 AM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The choicest development of the whole thing is how some many liberals are calling the Clintons unprincipled liars.

Duh.
Rather amusing, isn't it?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:22 AM   #16
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Rather amusing, isn't it?
It really is. If Cali is right, this could go on for a while, ripping the Dems asunder and making them very unappealing to the voting public. Every night we see two more instances of a red-faced Bill pointing his finger at someone and making some point about Obama.

Conversely, the Repubs tonight looked like adults.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:32 AM   #17
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Conversely, the Repubs tonight looked like adults.
You have to admit, though, that tonight was the exception. Previous debates have been pretty heated. They will return to true form soon enough.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:38 AM   #18
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
You have to admit, though, that tonight was the exception. Previous debates have been pretty heated. They will return to true form soon enough.
Agreed, but I don't think there will be too many more. After Florida I think things start to fall into place. Huckabee and Rudy will have no money to continue. It will be either McCain or Romney. I think Repubs want to get this resolved.

If they're not careful, the Dems could fumble a great opportunity.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #19
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
LMAO. You are just now realizing this?! Welcome to planet earth. He is called "Slick Willy" for a reason. Geez...
This has been Norcal sweeping into a conversation late in order to ridicule and add nothing. Look for episode #4356 tomorrow!
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #20
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
This has been Norcal sweeping into a conversation late in order to ridicule and add nothing. Look for episode #4356 tomorrow!
Sweeping into a conversation late? I didn't know there was a time limit by which I had to respond by. Sorry, but I don't have time to constantly monitor this site for your idiotic posts, and make immediate responses.

Way to change the subject of your original post. A similar tactic my 3 year old uses when he gets in trouble. The fact is, YOU are the only one on this site that appears to be late in realizing what Slick Willy is really all about.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote