cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #61
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Bottom line is that there is no question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
And another endless and meaningless diatribe of he said, she said has been hatched.

To those who have the time and interest to read all >229 responses, good for you.
what the Stake President printed. This isn't about he said, he said. It's now in hard copy......from the Stake president's own mouth. Tal can respond with his own opinion of the Church and Joseph Smith but he would be foolish to continue to quote the Stake President without any evidence.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #62
exUte

Default Actually it should simplify the problem.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
As soon as he wades into that tall grass he loses. Way more dignified for a high ranking leader of a world religion to ignore stuff like that. Apparently it wasn't even newsworthy. The fact he writes this long epistle compounds the problem He could have dismissed him in three lines I guess.
at least to those with half a brain. I believe it's warranted to set the record straight. Do you have any question what the Stake President believes? Do you have any question what Tal believes? Not what he said happened but what he believes?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #63
exUte

Default In the case of the BYU baseball player,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I agree with you Indy. I think this we aren't allowed to mention anything because of privacy is misguided. I hope in the future when athletes at BYU are admonished by ecclesiastical leaders and the athletes speak, those leaders will come out and give their side and not hide behind we don't speak on private matters.
actions spoke louder than anything the bishop or SP could have said. They were overruled because they (at least the Bishop was wrong and the SP felt obligated to support the bishop) were out of line.

The fact that he is still playing on a crappy BYU baseball team speaks volumes about the player's side of the story.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #64
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
actions spoke louder than anything the bishop or SP could have said. They were overruled because they (at least the Bishop was wrong and the SP felt obligated to support the bishop) were out of line.

The fact that he is still playing on a crappy BYU baseball team speaks volumes about the player's side of the story.

I love the "speaks volumes" reference or statement people make. Like, who wants to risk asking what it means when someone let's you know it spoke volumes. You didn't just miss one point, you missed volumes.

The fact others say it, but when you said it it made me chuckle, speaks volumes.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote