cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I played a lot of tennis through high school, but basically gave it up once I started college. I played a few times during grad school, but have only played a handful of times since.

I love it, but like everyone has said, it is only fun when you are playing someone of similar skill level to yourself. Its a sport that takes years to get competitive at, so that makes it especially hard to "bring someone along" to get them to the point where you will have a good playing partner.

The other problem that I am finding is that the only guys that I know who still like tennis are getting beat up enough by chronic injuries so that either they are so slow in moving around the court or they take 2 weeks to recovery from a 2 or 3 set match. The spirit is willing, but the shoulders, knees and back are weak.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote