cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Many nationally known conservatives are being honest now...

When will the conservatives on here follow suit?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...MyYTUxZDkwNTE=

Told ya so.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy crap, Cali, are you still on this Obama vs Palin bent?

Palin -> VP
Obama -> Pres

If you're interested in debating the merits of Biden (just exactly where is he these days?) vs Palin, then it might be worth participating in a discussion.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

The Dems have put a fully unqualified suit at the top of the ticket and Cali is giving us "Told ya so."

Go back to making ads about McCain's cancer.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Anyone notice how Cali's contributions to the board lately have been to toss a little grenade into the crowd, then run away?

I'm starting to think Lebowski has hijacked his account.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
No, this is Palin v Palin.
Obama just needs to back off and watch McCain/Palin self destruct.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Indy Coug

Quote:
No, this is Palin v Palin. You don't even have to know who is running against her to know she isn't qualified or capable of being VP.
I'm more concerned about who is qualified or capable of being PRESIDENT. McCain is (though not a great choice) and Obama isn't.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
McCain is (though not a great choice) and Obama isn't.
Do you think he'll stay fit four years?
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Do you think he'll stay fit four years?
I'm not a doctor.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Here's another NR viewpoint (funny, Cali missed this link) which takes a more moderate approach, one I espoused the other day.

Quote:
My guess — based on nothing but hope for a change — is that Sarah Palin just needs some freedom. I don’t know who is holding her back but if John McCain wants to win this thing it had better not be him and his staff. When I watch these interviews, I see a woman who looks like she’s stayed up all night studying and is trying to remember the jurisprudential chronology of privacy vis-a-vis reproduction, the war on terror, and public figures (add 12 more things, described in the most complicated way possible, to the list to be more accurate). She looks like a woman who’s been cramming talking points and great Matt Scully lines and Mark Salter-McCain war stories and Steve Schmidt marching orders into her head since that first plane ride from Alaska. She looks like a woman who has ceased being the confident, successful executive who got herself elected mayor of Alaska without the full force of her party behind her and managed to have an approval rating of which most can’t even dream.

This seems wholly unnecessary. People love Sarah Palin when they see her. When she’s firing at full force, she comes off as authentic, self-possessed, and ready for a fight. If that is Sarah Palin, that’s the Sarah Palin who should be talking to everyone she can. That’s the Sarah Palin who should call up Rush Limbaugh. That’s the Sarah Palin who should go on The View. Heck, I thought she should have dropped in on Keith Olbermann while she was in the Big Apple and charm his official Bush-Derangement-Syndrome socks off or be cheered for trying.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...FmMjA5Nzk3MWM=

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Travis Henry

Travis Henry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When will the conservatives on here follow suit?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...MyYTUxZDkwNTE=

Told ya so.
I hate to agree with Cali on this one, but with the honeymoon being over and the verdict beginning to come in, Palin is going to end up being an overall negative for McCain.

Obama's got the momentum again and McCain looks like he's resorting to gimmicks. I was initially somewhat disappointed in McCain's pick of Palin, then thought it was a politically savvy move after Palin's speech and McCain's bounce. But I was then disappointed again after I watched her interview with Gibson, she's simply out of her league.

This is an uphill battle for McCain this year and he needed an articulate, credible attack dog. Palin is not that. The financial mess has exposed her. I realize that she's the VP candidate, but McCain is also 72 years old. McCain's pick for VP means more than any candidate's in recent memory.

Did Bobby Jindal really take himself out of the running? Because otherwise, McCain made a huge mistake by not picking him. Perhaps it was kneejerk reaction to pick a woman after Hillary was snubbed. But as 1984 showed, if it ends up being exposed as a political gimmick then you're worse off in the end. Bobby Jindal has none of the negatives that Palin has and has all of the positives except for one: he's not a woman.
Travis Henry is offline   Reply With Quote