cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #21
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUsportsguy View Post
I say that because I if he stays active in church, he won't be committing homosexual acts 24-7 so the Spirit could still touch him when he's receptive and he would likely eventually have a change of heart. It's happened before.

As far as understanding scriptures that condemn homosexuality, I don't see how anybody could believe that God approves of it. I mean, it's completely outside of everything ever revealed. Not to be blasphemous, but can you seriously imagine Christ looking upon homosexual activity and be pleased by it? Do you think he invited his disciples to engage likewise? Such an idea is horrendous - it's not part of the gospel.
I don't know anybody who was gay and then became straight by staying active in the Church and close to the Spirit. It's more than a "change of heart" that needs to take place.

Is there anything that you could do to make yourself attracted to men? If you're like most straight men your answer is "No way. Never. Absolutely not. Impossible." That's the same way gay people feel but in reverse. Prayer and staying active in the Church and close to the Spirit can't make them straight.
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #22
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As far as understanding scriptures that condemn homosexuality, I don't see how anybody could believe that God approves of it. I mean, it's completely outside of everything ever revealed. Not to be blasphemous, but can you seriously imagine Christ looking upon homosexual activity and be pleased by it? Do you think he invited his disciples to engage likewise? Such an idea is horrendous - it's not part of the gospel.
You make it sound like a God who created the heavens and the earth would be shocked by homosexual activity. Just like a loving parent here on earth I believe God would love that child and hope they have a productive and happy life. You may not agree with everything they are doing but you would still want to see them happy. Isn't' sin part of God plan, couldn't he have created this earth and made everybody straight. I hope when I see God again he handles me a little like I handle my own kids, explain what I did wrong, go over the consequences of those actions and then gives me a big hug and tells me not to screw up again.

Eddy Merckx

Last edited by RC Vikings; 10-04-2008 at 02:18 PM.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #23
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I say that because I if he stays active in church, he won't be committing homosexual acts 24-7 so the Spirit could still touch him when he's receptive and he would likely eventually have a change of heart. It's happened before.

I don't know any gays who stay active in the Church. Nor should they, if they wish to submit to their orientation.

I'm glad that's not part of me as I don't know why nature imposes that burden upon people. And I have no idea how Divinity deals with it, as it is for the most part an inefficiency. It doesn't create offspring and the sexes were not biologically designed that way. So it makes no practical sense to me. But if people pursue it despite its irrationality, what can we do but shrug. How are we going to preach against nature or prevail against nature?

As far as I can tell from the records of the earth, nature always prevails.