cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 AM   #21
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Is there too much variety in Church hymns? Should we do away with music? Members don't sing very well, so let's start there.

Man, you're weird.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Man, you're weird.
Coming from you, it means I'm normal.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #23
Indy Coug

It's whiny-ass fans like yourself that eventually made me think twice about attending home games (way back when I was actually able to attend games) because all I would hear around me were people bitching about LaVell or the QB or whoever else the scapegoat-du-jour was, all while BYU would be up 30 points on the poor slobs they were beating up on.

Nothing like feeling like you were watching a loss instead of a win just because some shit-for-brains couldn't stand prosperity.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #24
Archaea

Quote:
It's whiny-ass fans like yourself that eventually made me think twice about attending home games (way back when I was actually able to attend games) because all I would hear around me were people bitching about LaVell or the QB or whoever else the scapegoat-du-jour was, all while BYU would be up 30 points on the poor slobs they were beating up on.

Nothing like feeling like you were watching a loss instead of a win just because some shit-for-brains couldn't stand prosperity.
You're entitled to your opinion, and many half-invested fans share it.

OTOH, for purely selfish reasons, I'd like BYU to have a few seasons, where BYU defeats a good team in a BCS bowl game. With the current administrative and coaching philosophy, it appears less likely than it should be.

I think BYU has enough national credibility, that if its coaching staff were more dedicated, took a slightly differenet recruiting approach, i.e., focus upon more athleticism, and just worked more diligently than is reported, we'd see some measurably better results.

I also expect us to defeat Utah most years, and to win some games we should not be expected to win.

It seems BYU athletically, and perhaps otherwise, is floundering and not progressing. And that most fans don't seem to care much, "All is Well, All is Well."

Go Crowton!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #25
Indy Coug

Quote:
OTOH, for purely selfish reasons, I'd like BYU to have a few seasons, where BYU defeats a good team in a BCS bowl game. With the current administrative and coaching philosophy, it appears less likely than it should be.

I think BYU has enough national credibility, that if its coaching staff were more dedicated, took a slightly differenet recruiting approach, i.e., focus upon more athleticism, and just worked more diligently than is reported, we'd see some measurably better results.
A FEW seasons winning BCS bowl games? I'm glad your expectations have a solid footing on terra firma.

If BYU wins 11 games this year (which is 0.3 wins more than they've averaged the last three years), they will tie a BYU record for most wins over a 4 year period. This is exactly what I'm talking about with regards to not being able to stand prosperity: win 82% of your games over 3 years, finish ranked 3 years in a row, a near record number of wins over consecutive seasons. Yet despite all that, sad sacks like yourself protray the current state of affairs as something more resembling a 0.500 team than a 0.820 team.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #26
Archaea

Quote:
A FEW seasons winning BCS bowl games? I'm glad your expectations have a solid footing on terra firma.

If BYU wins 11 games this year (which is 0.3 wins more than they've averaged the last three years), they will tie a BYU record for most wins over a 4 year period. This is exactly what I'm talking about with regards to not being able to stand prosperity: win 82% of your games over 3 years, finish ranked 3 years in a row, a near record number of wins over consecutive seasons. Yet despite all that, sad sacks like yourself protray the current state of affairs as something more resembling a 0.500 team than a 0.820 team.
I would like to see BYU nationally relevant on occasion than just regionally. Yes, those are high expectations, but regional relevance isn't a standard of excellence which should be the epitome of our athletic existence. Do we want a national university, or a regional university?

Do we want some day to head outside the universe of our country or not?

I know you can beat me down with statistics all day, and somebody like Pelagius or Jay can keep up with you, but that's not my point.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
It's whiny-ass fans like yourself that eventually made me think twice about attending home games (way back when I was actually able to attend games) because all I would hear around me were people bitching about LaVell or the QB or whoever else the scapegoat-du-jour was, all while BYU would be up 30 points on the poor slobs they were beating up on. Nothing like feeling like you were watching a loss instead of a win just because some shit-for-brains couldn't stand prosperity.
Sometimes posts physically make me sick to my stomach. This is one of them.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #28
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Sometimes posts physically make me sick to my stomach. This is one of them.
So you're one of those fans that tries to suck the joy out of winning?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #29
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, and many half-invested fans share it.

I also expect us to defeat Utah most years, and to win some games we should not be expected to win.

It seems BYU athletically, and perhaps otherwise, is floundering and not progressing. And that most fans don't seem to care much, "All is Well, All is Well."

Go Crowton!
None of these arguments have anything to do with a spring game where probably less than 1% of the fan base cares enough to show up for it. It's regrettable that the stadium needs major renovations that cancel the spring game one time, but this isn't really solid evidence that Bronco hates you.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #30
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
None of these arguments have anything to do with a spring game where probably less than 1% of the fan base cares enough to show up for it. It's regrettable that the stadium needs major renovations that cancel the spring game one time, but this isn't really solid evidence that Bronco hates you.
No just ranting.

I think Bronco would prefer to be a GA as opposed to a football coach.