cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exposure exploded

Quote:
As just one of two coaches who's faced player of the year candidates Fredette and UConn's Kemba Walker this season, Heath has some perspective on the skills of the nation's two best scoring machines. "I asked my staff, after we played Kemba [on Dec. 31], which player was harder to guard," Heath said. "We all thought it was close, but we said Fredette, just because his shooting range is a little more extended. And while Kemba is quicker and more explosive, Fredette's changes-of-speed, plus his hops and step-back moves, make him better. And when he elevates to shoot, he really gets up in the air, more than Kemba."
If Fredette ranks ahead of Walker, then The Jimmer has to be considered the hardest player to guard in the country. The templates for containing him are here, but doing so requires max effort from an elite defender and a host of nimble, helping-and-hedging big men ... on a night where Fredette is also ice-cold. When he's hot, he has no problem making contested jumpers and scoring on all sorts of mid- and short-range trickery. Even Creighton's Jones, who helped shut down The Jimmer once but has watched him thriving since, says, "When he's making those really difficult shots, I don't think it's luck. I don't think he takes any shots that he hasn't already mastered."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...tte/index.html
Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/20...op-10-showdown

a fair assessment.