cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #30
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
We are accustomed to seeing both. However, we expect the president of the Church to work for less.

I'd be cool with a coach making $3 Million if he were bringing us into the big time.
Non-sports fans, which comprise the vast majority of the public are horrified at this thought.

We can argue money, but I think Coach N was a bad football fit for BYU and both sides realized it. No argument about him being a good fit culturally. It wasn't money. It was just like when Lavell figured it out in time to turn down the Detroit Lions. I hardly think he would have done better than Sitake has, and he would have been like a fish out of water running something other than the option. Triple option coaches are a unique breed. Can you think of a single example of one of those over the last 30 years who even tried to run something else after they became entrenched in it, or of a triple option coach who was successful running it outside of the service academies since the 1980s?

Last edited by BlueK; 12-12-2016 at 09:35 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote