cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LOST fans I may have some bad news

I have a source who tells me that there may only be 4 episodes this season with the season finale occuring in November. He is under the impression that this may be the last season as well.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default Got to give us more than that

I thought Lost had another 3 seasons or so to go.

Why would they end it so quick?
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
SteelBlue

He could be wrong but here's what he's telling me. He sells advertising for an ABC affiliate. He says LOST is of course one of the easiest shows to sell ads for. But he keeps getting programming change alerts. According to him, there are only 4 new episodes he can sell ad slots for and they are calling the last episode in November the "season finale". He's bummed because Lost sells itself.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 09-18-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
He could be wrong but here's what he's telling me. He sells advertising for an ABC affiliate. He says LOST is of course one of the easiest shows to sell ads for. But he keeps getting programming change alerts. According to him, there are only 4 new episodes he can sell ad slots for and they are calling the last episode in November the "season finale". He's bummed because Lost sells itself.
Lost is going to four (or 6 but your 4 sounds right) episodes back to back starting in the fall. Then they are going to go off air until after the new year and start with the final 18 or so episodes of season 3 to go back to back. They won't stretch 22 episodes out over a 40 week season with reruns in between. They'll just go off the air for a while.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
SteelBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
Lost is going to four (or 6 but your 4 sounds right) episodes back to back starting in the fall. Then they are going to go off air until after the new year and start with the final 18 or so episodes of season 3 to go back to back. They won't stretch 22 episodes out over a 40 week season with reruns in between. They'll just go off the air for a while.
This would go along perfectly with what he's told me. Why would they want to do it this way? Are they having trouble writing the show?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #6
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard that they're doing it that way because of all the fans that complained about the reruns last season.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:14 PM   #7
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Farrah is correct...Lost had A LOT of unhappy fans last year because of the long re-runs during the middle of the year. It is not as extreme as what '24' does ('24' doesn't start till January and they run nonstop till the finish) but it is a way to limit the real long downtimes through the year. They are hoping to minimize it by doing it this way.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote