cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default when is something like cytomax helpful...

i went on a ride this morning up with some guys from my ward. they loop they do is a couple miles longer than mine by a couple miles, but there aren't any real climbs (not that mine has any giant climbs, but my loop will make you work a little harder i guess)... one guy had cytomax... the ride is only just over 20 miles. will a drink like that really help for a ride that's not very long?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
i went on a ride this morning up with some guys from my ward. they loop they do is a couple miles longer than mine by a couple miles, but there aren't any real climbs (not that mine has any giant climbs, but my loop will make you work a little harder i guess)... one guy had cytomax... the ride is only just over 20 miles. will a drink like that really help for a ride that's not very long?
It good to test the stuff on shorter rides so you don't becom ill on longer ones with it.

I usually bring one bottle of wattle and one of sports drink. Although on my race Sunday I barely drank one and one half bottles. It was so cool and I was sluggish.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It good to test the stuff on shorter rides so you don't becom ill on longer ones with it.

I usually bring one bottle of wattle and one of sports drink. Although on my race Sunday I barely drank one and one half bottles. It was so cool and I was sluggish.
okay... i just ordered 4.5 lbs of tangy orange... i hope it tastes good... 4.5 pounds should last me a while i think.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes, on century rides, the mixes are strooong. I sometimes feel like I'm OD'ing on cytomax. Too much can leave you feeling weird in my opinion.

Arch has it right...one bottle of water, and the other some sports drink. Easier on the stomach.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Sometimes, on century rides, the mixes are strooong. I sometimes feel like I'm OD'ing on cytomax. Too much can leave you feeling weird in my opinion.

Arch has it right...one bottle of water, and the other some sports drink. Easier on the stomach.
so when i'm thirsty, i'm alternating between bottles correct? that will help quench my thirst and build up by electrolytes? do i sound like i know what i'm talking about?

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 PM   #6
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
so when i'm thirsty, i'm alternating between bottles correct? that will help quench my thirst and build up by electrolytes? do i sound like i know what i'm talking about?

I'm sold! And, if anyone questions you, just say: "I don't know what I'm talking about, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night"....and all will be well!

I think you've got the gist of it.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

I heard some Tri pros talking and they said that with gatorade they will take the stock stuff and diliute it with water 1:1 so as not to get too much sugar.

This weekend they were giving out HEED I think and I almost puked. good thing thye had a bunch of water nearby. It has to have at least some flavor for me to drink it. stuff tasted like they were jsut collecting sweat off of people as they went by. Good thing I had some cliff shots instead.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I heard some Tri pros talking and they said that with gatorade they will take the stock stuff and diliute it with water 1:1 so as not to get too much sugar.

This weekend they were giving out HEED I think and I almost puked. good thing thye had a bunch of water nearby. It has to have at least some flavor for me to drink it. stuff tasted like they were jsut collecting sweat off of people as they went by. Good thing I had some cliff shots instead.
I find it's also useful to have the water to rinse your teeth. Too much of the sugary liquids will give you bad teeth. I got a rash of cavities after I started drinking it. To reduce that I bring water to rinse after drinking the cytomax, my favorite, but I'm about to try accelerade again with the protein.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #9
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

HEED is disgusting.

Accelerade and cytomax are tolerable.

Gatorade is the best tasting, but the least effective from a performance standpoint.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote