cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #101
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I really don't understand what all the griping is about. Men have their roles, women have ours.

I don't want a woman for a bishop. What if I had something to confess. I would much rather tell a man than a woman. Especially if it were a chastity problem, he'd probably be more sympathetic...just kidding, sort of. Really though, why would I want a female home teacher? Would you really want women passing the sacrament. The way they pick each other apart over their clothes and hairstyle, I wouldn't want them watching who was and wasn't taking it. I don't think the men would love being bossed around in ward counsel by a woman...neither would I for that matter. It just doesn't work that way. I don't know why this is a big deal. I like men that are take charge make it happen. I figure the church gives them good practice. I don't women really need to be like that. I like men that have a very take charge attitude, the accept input, and are open to advice from others, but then step up and make things happen. I don't think I'm brainwashed for feeling that way either.

If you ever want to confess your chastity issues here, that is just as good as any bishop. Requiem's dad was a SP and Tex wants to be a Bishop so bad his teeth hurt, so that has gotta count for something.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #102
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
If you ever want to confess your chastity issues here, that is just as good as any bishop. Requiem's dad was a SP and Tex wants to be a Bishop so bad his teeth hurt, so that has gotta count for something.
I'd never want to be a Bishop. Power/time spent ratio is way too high. I'd much rather be Prophet, where I can excommunicate people indiscriminately according to my whim. If you're going to slander me, go big!

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #103
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
I don't know. I think you would all want a play by play of exactly what happened, when, where and with who. I don't have anything to confess right now, but I've noted that this forum is an option. I'll keep it in mind. I guess you never can tell, I might end up a fornicator before the year is out. Not likely, but in theory it's possible.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #104
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't know. I think you would all want a play by play of exactly what happened, when, where and with who. I don't have anything to confess right now, but I've noted that this forum is an option. I'll keep it in mind. I guess you never can tell, I might end up a fornicator before the year is out. Not likely, but in theory it's possible.
If you're going into details a few photos or videos wouldn't hurt. We might not be able to understand exactly what you mean without more evidence.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-05-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #105
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You might be one right now, it could explain the relative calm of your demeanor...others of the Sisters in Zion on the other hand......
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #106
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
You might be one right now, it could explain the relative calm of your demeanor...others of the Sisters in Zion on the other hand......
This is true, I could be. I'm not though.

I can remain calm on this particular issue because I determined a long time ago that regardless of what anyone in or out of the church says, and regardless of how few times women are mentioned in the scriptures, I am not a second class citizen.

As to the original question about a Heavenly Mother. I think there is more than one. I can't imagine a loving husband allowing his wife to come under the kind of ridicule and disrespect from her offspring that would undoubtedly be afflicted on her if she were to be discussed in any detail. I believe that our Father in Heaven was chivalrous enough to spare our mother(s) that offense.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #107
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
BDB, I would make sure there was no undue heavy handedness by the religious extremists and zealots here. You could expect a humanely secular humanistic assessment from me. I would, however, need to understand the facts in detail. You could boardmail me to ensure privacy.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #108
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
BDB, I would make sure there was no undue heavy handedness by the religious extremists and zealots here. You could expect a humanely secular humanistic assessment from me. I would, however, need to understand the facts in detail. You could boardmail me to ensure privacy.
Seattle sorry to disappoint you, boardmail doesn't support video and audio files.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #109
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Okay, we're moving further and further away from kind of funny, and closer into the creepy zone.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #110
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Seattle sorry to disappoint you, boardmail doesn't support video and audio files.
Do I look like Paris Hilton?