cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #101
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

For the record, I do not think anyone on this board is a true asshole, except Aaron Shaf. And maybe Tex, but just sometimes.

Last edited by SoonerCoug; 10-09-2007 at 05:46 PM.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #102
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm an open book. As you see. Everyone knows who I am. It's easy for me because I don't hold any radical or perverse or racist or sexist views.
You do not profess a prejudice against the LDS faith? Your obssesion with LDS theology and culture is not perverse?

Before you respond, consider the fact that your body of work here on CougarGuard, CougarBoard and Utefans is available to the simplest of searches ...
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #103
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
You do not profess a prejudice against the LDS faith? Your obssesion with LDS theology and culture is not perverse?

Before you respond, consider the fact that your body of work here on CougarGuard, CougarBoard and Utefans is available to the simplest of searches ...
I'd argue that most everyone who posts in this forum is obsessed with LDS theology and culture to some degree, whether they're a believer or not. Is it only perverse to be obsessed if you're not a believer?

Last edited by SoonerCoug; 10-09-2007 at 06:25 PM.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #104
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post

I'm an open book, as you see. I am prejudiced against LDS faith to the extent it is nonsense and tries to straightjacket thought and the liberty of women. Beyond that, I am not.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:20 AM   #105
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
wow... believing that its best for one of the parents to be at home with their kids is perverse?
MRD, I like you but you really need to get out more. You don't really live in Michigan do you? Half my clients or client reps I report to or more are full-time working women with underage children. Some of the most powerful partners in my firm are women who have worked full-time with underage children. Call me classist or elitist, but the fact of the matter is these women in the elite professions have by the sweat of their brow and their raw intelligence and drive earned the ability to have it all, including being great mothers; and yes, with the help of best day care money can buy. You have no idea how much these women resent the attitude that guys should go out and earn the bread and a woman's place is at home all day long. It is beyond resentment; if you hinted at it around them they would make you pay. A big law firm or investment banking firm or whatever that matters would show you the door if you spouted such a notion in front of these women.

Did you know boys are now affirmative action cases at the elite universities? Sixty percent of the top applicants are women. More than half the qualified applicants who apply at elite law firms are women. As Waters has hinted, society only cheats itself depriving such women of the opportunity to be the best they can be intellectually and professionally.

Then, of course, there are the legions of women who have to work to even give their families the basics. More than half of the women work full time now. More than half of adult women aren't even married anymore. Many of them are raising children.

—Paul Auster
Old 10-10-2007, 05:23 AM   #106
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
I guess I've been lucky that when hiring, the most qualified applicants for the job have been people that don't put their kids in daycare.
Speaks volumes.

—Paul Auster
Old 10-10-2007, 05:32 AM   #107
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Speaks volumes.
No comment.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 AM   #108
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Speaks volumes.
Yes it does. Not everyone believes as you do.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:38 AM   #109
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

It's just a weird world we live in when people try to rationalize not raising their own children. If you're gonna stick your offspring in kiddie jail (daycare) at least be honest about it and admit that your kids aren't as high a priority to you as a bigger paycheck.

All these lame excuses don't hold much substance.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 AM   #110
SeattleUte

Quote:
It's just a weird world we live in when people try to rationalize not raising their own children. If you're gonna stick your offspring in kiddie jail (daycare) at least be honest about it and admit that your kids aren't as high a priority to you as a bigger paycheck.

All these lame excuses don't hold much substance.
I thought this here was a sweet little vingette:

Quote:
I'm a good provider. I spend quality time (and a lot of it) with my wife and kids. Geez, I spent all day a week ago Saturday with a grumpy, under the weather 14 month old so she and my five year old could go to a family reunion in Salt Lake (2 hours away). That's pretty good..
However, it spoke volumes about how little quality time you spend with your kids, that you would pat yourself on the back at such a quaint accomplishment. This is like some ward basketball player crowing about how he touched the rim. I'd annihilate you in this endeaver. My kids are so much better off for spending so much quality time with a father of divderse interests and learning who is unfazed at sharing the burden of raising them. You pat yoruself on the back for spending half a day with a toddler when what you really believe is that you're doing your wife a huge favor because normally this isn't in a guy's scope of work. I know what you are.

—Paul Auster