cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #111
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Keep in mind that Rocky actually did contact the parents of a potential BYU recruit and "call them on their bullshit". I don't think he is making an empty threat here.
You can take solace that Rocky didn't prevent that recruit from coming to BYU because he wasn't coming anyway.

P.S. That statement in no way defends how Rocky conducted himself.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #112
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Waters, why do you put up with this crap from Rocky? I understand and appreciate the First Amendment atmosphere we have around here. But threatening to use someone's posts on here to undermine that person's pursuits away from CG seems way over the line. And his threats make me wonder if I should stop posting too.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #113
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That threat by Rocky was way over the line. I can't believe it got so little attention.

You happy now, Rocky? How about you, Creekster?
I guess I missed the threat. If made as claimed, it is clearly improper.

Are you suggesting I am to blame for this turn of events? Interesting.

How many times have we told each other not to believe there is such a thing as internet anonymity? IF Adam is that afraid of what he is saying, maybe he shouldn't say it. My guess is that it is not the substance of his posts that are a concern, but the style. Maybe I am wrong.

I would be as disappointed as anyone if Adam stopped posting. I would also be very disappointed if Rocky carried throuigh on that sort of a threat, which is all the things that Rocky supposedly hates and is compelled to call people on. Either way, however, I iwill sleep well tonight, if that's what you are getting at.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #114
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post

How many times have we told each other not to believe there is such a thing as internet anonymity? IF Adam is that afraid of what he is saying, maybe he shouldn't say it. My guess is that it is not the substance of his posts that are a concern, but the style. Maybe I am wrong.

I would be as disappointed as anyone if Adam stopped posting. I would also be very disappointed if Rocky carried throuigh on that sort of a threat, which is all the things that Rocky supposedly hates and is compelled to call people on. Either way, however, I iwill sleep well tonight, if that's what you are getting at.
Creekster, FWIW, I think you are without fault.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #115
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Here you go. This is what you sided with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Oh and Fuck you too.

It'll be fun exposing the real Adam to the bubble down there, if you decide to run for public office in Utah County again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
However, Adam's purpose behind his disguise is dirtier than any name calling on here and I will continue to fight it. And since that's his game, if I have to get ugly and dirty to fight it then I will, and without apology or regret.
Given the nature of where Adam lives and the political climate of Utah County, some of the things he has posted here could easily be used against him by someone with no ethics. I find that sad.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #116
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Given the nature of where Adam lives and the political climate of Utah County, some of the things he has posted here could easily be used against him by someone with no ethics. I find that sad.
I find Rocky has finally stepped over the line one to many times, without making any contributions to this community. That threat is reprehensible. People have been unduly patient and in some instances kind to him, yet he resorts to this?

Yes, creekster is correct that complete internet anonymity is a joke, but we are play acting here and to misuse a form of entertainment run contrary to the code of the Net.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #117
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

That's completely unfair to say that Creekster sided with those statements. Creekster clearly stated what criticisms of Adam's posts he thought were valid. It certainly wasn't a blanket agreement of what Rocky, I or anyone else said against Adam.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #118
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

If you read my post you know that is NOT what I was agreeing with. I have told Adam both in public and in messages that I think his rhetoric is over the top and improper. Adam should be more careful if he is concerned that this could affect his future career. Seriously. OTOH, Rocky is 'round the bend on this one. I can't say it anymore clearly, I fear, so unles something new comes up, that's it.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #119
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If you read my post you know that is NOT what I was agreeing with. I have told Adam both in public and in messages that I think his rhetoric is over the top and improper. Adam should be more careful if he is concerned that this could affect his future career. Seriously. OTOH, Rocky is 'round the bend on this one. I can't say it anymore clearly, I fear, so unles something new comes up, that's it.
I understand your point in both regards.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #120
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Just FYI, FM did not out you. Many people already knew who you were before last year.....I knew who you were through someone else's FO posts on CB awhile ago back in late 2006 or early 2007, I think. You should stop blaming him for doing that.
I can second this. Although it wasn't on CB and it might have been in the Crypt. FM wasn't the first person to "out" Adam.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote