cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #111
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Is page 14 of this thread "hidden" for anyone else besides me? When I click on "14" I get sent back to page 13.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #112
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

on my screen, there is no page 14
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #113
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Is page 14 of this thread "hidden" for anyone else besides me? When I click on "14" I get sent back to page 13.
same here
Old 09-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #114
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Huck actually was interesting and funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I don't know but I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of guys hoping for a climax.

Romney kicked ass. The audience sure loves Huck, though.
eom
Old 09-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #115
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Almost as funny as his "SHE ADMITTED SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE VICE PRESIDENT DOES!!!" hysterics.
She doesn't (or didn't) know what the VP does. That is problematic for someone who wants to be VP.

And yes, I am serious (this is the 2nd time I have now said this) about her comments about being mayor of Wasilla. Tell me a single thing she taught us about what the Wasilla mayor does.

She said she would teach us all what she did as mayor in her speech. Show me what we learned.

Tell me what she believes on issues other than drilling, abortion, gay marriage (even that one is fuzzy with her) and guns. Anything.

You guys are voting for someone to be VP and you know absolutely nothing about her.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #116
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
You guys are voting for someone to be VP and you know absolutely nothing about her.
I suppose that's better than voting for a President we know nothing about.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #117
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
same here

Change the number of posts per page and you can eliminate the issue. I only have 7 pages total, for example, becasue i increased the number of posts per page.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #118
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She doesn't (or didn't) know what the VP does. That is problematic for someone who wants to be VP.
Dude, her comment about what the VP does was obviously TIC.

Quote:
And yes, I am serious (this is the 2nd time I have now said this) about her comments about being mayor of Wasilla. Tell me a single thing she taught us about what the Wasilla mayor does.

She said she would teach us all what she did as mayor in her speech. Show me what we learned.
LOL, it's called rhetoric. Obama rips on her experience as a mayor, she contrasts it with being a community organizer. You really expected her to give us a laudry list of the typical day of a small-town mayor? Really?

Quote:
Tell me what she believes on issues other than drilling, abortion, gay marriage (even that one is fuzzy with her) and guns. Anything.

First, it's the VP, it has little bearing on who I vote for for president. Frankly, I still wasn't buying everything she was selling on John McCain. But yeah, I'm impressed with her. From her speech, I gathered she was for lower taxes and smaller government. And she has character. How do I know? I'm a society that aborts 90% of down's syndrome babies, she kept hers.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #119
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Wasnt she already a public figure when she had the baby?

having an abortion would likely have hurt her polling numbers.

Besides, she clearly needs to kids as props, so no wonder she has kept her babies.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #120
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Given that the VP does pretty much nothing, that lack of knowledge (even if true) doesn't matter too much, as learning how to be nearby in case someone dies is an easy skill to master.

I find your ranting (and it really is devolving into that) about her failure to outline in detail what the mayor of Wasilia does very curious. Let me respond this way: Who gives a flying flip? Are you suggesting that she did nothing? Is there some threshold amount or quality of tasks assigned that would make you change your opinion about her? She certainly was the mayor and she certainly did whatever it was that the mayor does, right? SO the fact that she didn't outline it in more detail in her speech (and who said there is an obligation to do so to any specific degree?) is pretty meaningless. When it serves her purpose I am sure she will fill you in. In case you didn't notice, however, her base and even most of those observers from the other side of the aisle, didn't seem to object to this supposed failing.

Moreover, she did, in general terms, describe what the mayor does. She compared it to a community organizer. IOW, the mayor does about the same thing. She then added the jibe about also having responsibility, but I think the salient point, in light of your repeated demand, is that she was dealing with community issues much as Obama did. Do you doubt this? Are you under the impression that when the truth of her responsibilities as mayor comes out we will all be shocked or disappointed or otherwise forced to concede some failing on her part? I read the list of things Barry O supposedly did as a community organizer (I think you posted it) and it looks pretty mayoral-ish to me. I think this is her point.