cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 AM   #11
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Purchased a cycle computer today. $20 on sale at the LBS, has 11 functions but has a wire to connect from the bars to the wheels, it's going to drive me crazy.

I couldn't stomach $50 for wireless.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing wrong with wired. Less to go wrong actually (because now you have only one battery to potentially to have to replace, versus two).

I had a rear wheel sensor on my old bike, which is nice for using on a trainer. I occasionally have problems where the sensor comes lose, or I manage to kick it.

My new computer is front wheel and wireless. I'll miss having cadence, but I traded that basically for having my HR displayed.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

We went on our first 'long' ride this morning. Two hours in the saddle, great time with the wife.

My question is this, my ass hurts like nobody's business. I purchased some cheap $35 dollar shorts, where my wife splurged on some Sugoi's and has little pain. When I was looking at the shorts there didn't seem much difference in the padding between the $35 and the $110 shorts, is there really that big of a difference?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
We went on our first 'long' ride this morning. Two hours in the saddle, great time with the wife.

My question is this, my ass hurts like nobody's business. I purchased some cheap $35 dollar shorts, where my wife splurged on some Sugoi's and has little pain. When I was looking at the shorts there didn't seem much difference in the padding between the $35 and the $110 shorts, is there really that big of a difference?
yes, there is a difference between shorts.

you can save some money by buying them online.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote