cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Was the review of Obama's passport file politically motivated?
Yes 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #11
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Politically motivated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Yes, that makes it a little more tricky. Regardless, in my gut I'm still suspicious that it was politically motivated. Accessing all three candidate files could be just a way of covering tracks. These things don't just happen.
Determining where and when someone was born? Take it to the next step if you would please. You're losing me.

Who has the most to gain at this point by looking at passport info? I say Hillary. What say you?
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Someone please help me out here.

Other than the general principle of keeping personal info private, why is it relevant that someone looked at Obama's passport info? Or Clinton or McCain?

Is there a potential skeleton to be found in the proverbial passport closet?

In theory, what could be gleaned about any of these people that would be considered damaging..particularly for Clinton, whose travels have been a matter of public record for the past 3 decades?

Is someone going to reveal that Obama vacationed in Europe?

I guess one thing that we could determine once and for all is that Hillary has definitely visited the Isle of Lesbos.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
exUte

Default Check out this video..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Someone please help me out here.

Other than the general principle of keeping personal info private, why is it relevant that someone looked at Obama's passport info? Or Clinton or McCain?

Is there a potential skeleton to be found in the proverbial passport closet?

In theory, what could be gleaned about any of these people that would be considered damaging..particularly for Clinton, whose travels have been a matter of public record for the past 3 decades?

Is someone going to reveal that Obama vacationed in Europe?

I guess one thing that we could determine once and for all is that Hillary has definitely visited the Isle of Lesbos.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...ort.breach.cnn

CLinton's view was during a training session where the trainee looks up a file, preferably someone they know. It's interesting that the latest unauthorized views (not in a training session) were into McCain's and Obama's records. Um, I wonder if indeed it was politically motivated, who would want to look at both (McCain / Obama) passports?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post

CLinton's view was during a training session where the trainee looks up a file, preferably someone they know. It's interesting that the latest unauthorized views (not in a training session) were into McCain's and Obama's records. Um, I wonder if indeed it was politically motivated, who would want to look at both (McCain / Obama) passports?
This was exactly my thinking. Probably someone demostrating a new change to a system and pulling up a known person's file.

Either that or they wanted to look at geeky passport photos of well-known people.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if they could tell if the trasining sessions also looked up files for other celebs, like movie stars or models or something. My guess is this sort of crap goes on all the time.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #16
exUte

Default And the question remains.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I wonder if they could tell if the trasining sessions also looked up files for other celebs, like movie stars or models or something. My guess is this sort of crap goes on all the time.
who cares?

The banks and other institutions have as much, if not more, info on all of us.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Did anyone read about the recent scandal a few weeks ago at Cedars Sinai? Employees caught looking at Britney's psych files while she was admitted. They had also looked at George Clooney's files, and several other stars.

For those that dont live in SoCal, Cedars/FUCLA is basically THE hotel for movie stars....Michael Jackson, Owen Wilson after he tried to kill himself, etc..

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 03-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post

This doesnt really answer my question. I was already aware of these facts.

I am still wondering what the info is that is being protected? What political advantage does anyone have by looking at someone's passport?

Old 03-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I am still wondering what the info is that is being protected? What political advantage does anyone have by looking at someone's passport?

I had assumed it might show travel info, meaning dates of entry adn exit from the country, but otherwise, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal, although it is improper.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #20
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I'm not sure there is a known political advantage. I imagine that it's somebody, a campaign or eager volunteer, ensuring that there's no known political advantage. Somebody checking every corner looking for dirt.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote