cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #11
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Pelagius, you okay? Your buckeye beads may be fitting a little too tight. How it pains me to see you quoting Miami Valley native Wayne Woodrow Hayes. While he may be your Moses, his memory is treated like Jesus. I saw a 9-yr old Woody Hayes last Halloween.
Have you seen this one:

I am sure it will make you feel differently about Woody. Its entitled the "Two Sides of Woody." I think he is trying to break the doll's leg.

Last edited by pelagius; 03-27-2008 at 06:45 PM.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #12
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

That picture is awesome. It's like an OSU version of Footprints.

Have you ever been inside the store Cardboard Heroes at any of the local malls? They have a few of those Woody worship items.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That picture is awesome. It's like an OSU version of Footprints.

Have you ever been inside the store Cardboard Heroes at any of the local malls? They have a few of those Woody worship items.
No but we have multiple stores like that just about a block from the Business School. Here is another weird buckeye tradition: miniature gold football pants charms.

http://library.osu.edu/sites/archive.../goldpants.htm

Do anyone of your buckeye friends buy the gold pants t-shirts?

Last edited by pelagius; 03-27-2008 at 07:15 PM.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of those, but didn't know exactly what they meant.

I work with a consultant who's a prof in the OSU computer science department. He has every gaudy OSU charm and trinket ever produced. He even does an OSU Christmas tree in his house. I'll have to ask him if he has a golden pants lapel pin.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Go ahead and make fun. While you're trying to break us down, we'll be practicing Marianist teachings by working with the poor to educate and nourish their minds, bodies and the souls.

On the bright side, you can further steep yourself in the culture of rioting prevelant at the Ohio State. As Karen Holbrook said, "When you win a game, you riot. When you lose a game, you riot. When spring comes, you riot. African-American Heritage Festival weekend, you riot."
As an OSU alum, I endorse Karen's statement.

I remember taking the bus up High Street one Saturday afternoon, coming past the campus, and seeing 100 or so police officers lined up in full riot gear near fraternity row. It was the day of the Michigan game (I sold my tickets to pay for my young family's Christmas that year), and the game was about to end. And the police were ready. If they win, they riot in celebration, ala Detroit. If they lose, they riot in the agony of their pain.

It was one of John Cooper's few wins against Michigan. I watched the mayhem and destruction on the news from the safety of my home...
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote