cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
I don't see how this is any different than the missionaries street contacting in a parking lot in front of a christian bookstore.
Are you always this full of shit?

Never heard of such an unproductive outing so I doubt anybody but a complete moron would do that? Or somebody looking for confrontation.

You're joining asshat as an asswipe.

I don't admire asswipes. Some people take a liking to persecution, believing that proves they will be saved, just like some Muslims blow themselves up to reach 72 virgins.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 PM   #12
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Are you always this full of shit?

Never heard of such an unproductive outing so I doubt anybody but a complete moron would do that? Or somebody looking for confrontation.

You're joining asshat as an asswipe.

I don't admire asswipes. Some people take a liking to persecution, believing that proves they will be saved, just like some Muslims blow themselves up to reach 72 virgins.
Righhhttttt. It has never happened; it was just coincidence that missionaries in my mission were told to stop doing this exact thing, in addition to an immediate moratorium on standing in front of the Assembly of God MTC on Maui to "Golden question" the missionaries there. I'm sure my mission is the only one in the history of the LDS church.

Had you had the benefit of serving a mission you would know that missionaries spend large amonts of their time bored and seeking out confrontation during a "unproductive outing" is a fun way to kill a few hours.

If you believe the bullshit you just typed than you don't understand human nature half as well as you would have us believe.

As for the personal attack......ah what can I say. I just don't understand why this makes you so mad. I believe in God not religion. I am not on Aarons side. I just don't see the difference between Aaron Shaff and Mormons spreading there beliefs. You can say that Mormons build on others beliefs but that is not honest. The church teaches that it is the only true church and all others are false. This is tearing down anothers religion in the worst way possible.

Last edited by Taq Man; 11-29-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Righhhttttt. It has never happened; it was just coincidence that missionaries in my mission were told to stop doing this exact thing, in addition to an immediate moratorium on standing in front of the Assembly of God MTC on Maui to "Golden question" the missionaries there. I'm sure my mission is the only one in the history of the LDS church. ...

As for the personal attack......ah what can I say. I just don't understand why this makes you so mad. I believe in God not religion. I am not on Aarons side. I just don't see the difference between Aaron Shaff and Mormons spreading there beliefs. You can say that Mormons build on others beliefs but that is not honest.
I don't know that I have a problem with it, but it seems like an awful waste of time. I remember standing in line outside Temple Square for General Conference years ago, and some folks were passing out fliers with pictures of the First Presidency. They had hand drawn horns on (then) 1st Counselor Hinckley's head, and written "666" on Monson's forehead. And they were passing these fliers out to people waiting hours and hours in line just to see these guys.

Hilariously stupid.

Quote:
The church teaches that it is the only true church and all others are false. This is tearing down anothers religion in the worst way possible.
*Tex rolls his eyes*

Drama queen.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 11-29-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #14
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post

Drama queen.
Like I said. I don't believe in organized religion so I don't give two shits if one religion tears down another. I just find the hypocrisy from Mormons on this issue amusing.

"Why do they spend their time tearing down our religion instead of teaching about theirs?"

Lets see, when Mormon missionaries teach someone about the churchp; at some point they will point out where the Catholics/J.W.'s/Muslims... are wrong.

Born agains and Baptists are doing the same thing they just do it on the front end without pretending they love you first.

Which ones are the true wolves in sheeps clothing.

Last edited by Taq Man; 11-29-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
Archaea

Quote:
If you believe the bullshit you just typed than you don't understand human nature half as well as you would have us believe.

As for the personal attack......ah what can I say. I just don't understand why this makes you so mad. I believe in God not religion. I am not on Aarons side. I just don't see the difference between Aaron Shaff and Mormons spreading there beliefs. You can say that Mormons build on others beliefs but that is not honest. The church teaches that it is the only true church and all others are false. This is tearing down anothers religion in the worst way possible.
What the hell?

I probably served long before you. And I know what's efficient and what was not. In foreign language missions, people don't have the time or energy to battle against those converted to another matter. [perhaps lazy missionaries in English language missions guys screw around, how the hell should I know or care]. If an MP is dumb enough to have his missionaries sit around bible bashing, then he should take a flying leap.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #16
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
What's the background on this dude? I've never heard of him.
since this has yet to be answered...bump.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #17
Archaea

Quote:
"Why do they spend their time tearing down our religion instead of teaching about theirs?"

Lets see, when Mormon missionaries teach someone about the churchp; at some point they will point out where the Catholics/J.W.'s/Muslims... are wrong.
Bullshit.

They talk about the nature of God, a vision, ask for baptism, but other than the words of the First Vision, they are NOT instructed to tell you how others are wrong, but how LDS are more correct.

You can spin however the hell you like, but it's nothing but bullshit. I don't give flying f.. about evangelicals, and much prefer the intellectuals, but baldfaced prevarications rankle me.

Now if missionaries deviate from the plan, then to hell with them.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #18
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
since this has yet to be answered...bump.
He's an evangelical missionary living in Utah. He occassionally posts here on CG. You can see some of his posts here:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/member.php?u=316
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #19
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
He's an evangelical missionary living in Utah. He occassionally posts here on CG. You can see some of his posts here:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/member.php?u=316

Thank you very much. I will be deleting my earlier post now that I know that.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #20
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
Thank you very much. I will be deleting my earlier post now that I know that.
He's a mindless dick. Basically, his posts consist of cut and paste from a paint by numbers "How to Stump a Mormon", made up by some dingaling evangelical priest. As I get older I have less patience for mindless dicks who parrot shit.