cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default LOL, I usually don't point out spelling errors since ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Boy, does this post belong on CB or what. This is one of the most unintelligent posts I've seen. Whittingham started out with next to nothing (unlike BM), a team that had to be completely rebuilt, and then lost his starting quarterback for about half the games he's coached. Yet he's 22-13 overall, with some monstrer victories, unsurpassed by any of his predecossors. The past seven weeks have provided a breathtaking preview of Whittingham's potential with his own squad rebuilt from top to bottom and reasonably healthy. You are demonstrating the intellecutal rigor and emotional maturity of Mr Crimson. You probably think Rome took way too long to build.
it is the message that is important. However, in this case I was laughing while reading your post. Not because I necessarily disagree with it, but because of the gross spelling errors, made the level of language used in your post funny.

Click on image for my card and blog

Last edited by DJRoss; 11-11-2007 at 09:54 PM.
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Like the radio caller said yesterday: "Byu is not the best team in the conference they are lucky and are just the most consistent, It doesnt mean they are the best though"
Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
it is the message that is important. However, in this case it I was laughing while reading your post. Not because I necessarily disagree with it, but the the gross spelling errors, made the level of language used in your post funny.
Looks like your blog is generagting a log of intereste there, sport. You must ahve a a lot of cientsl.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #14
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
Looks like your blog is generagting a log of intereste there, sport. You must ahve a a lot of cientsl.

My blog is more business card than blog. I am working on case histories with my current clients of which I have a few. These will be added to the blog sometime in the 4th quarter. Doing what I do means keeping the number of clients down to less than 10. I currently have 5. I have turned down twice that. If you are basically walking the walk with the owners of small manufacturing companies, you cannot take a volume controlled profit incentive. That would erode any IC value, and it would definitely not create any sustainability.

Now that you know that, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? If you were offended by my jibe regarding your spelling, It was not my intention. Honestly, I have come back to posts I have written and wondered if my brain was on the blink given how poorly syntaxed my prose. It is a good time to laugh about it when it is brought to your attention. Not look for ways to start a fight. Thin skin is something I need to remember when dealing with message boards where most people hide behind monikers, and seem to invest a great amount of energy in finding offense at what others say or do.

Click on image for my card and blog

Last edited by DJRoss; 11-11-2007 at 09:55 PM.
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #15
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Boy, does this post belong on CB or what. This is one of the most unintelligent posts I've seen. Whittingham started out with next to nothing (unlike BM), a team that had to be completely rebuilt, and then lost his starting quarterback for about half the games he's coached. Yet he's 22-13 overall, with some monstrer victories, unsurpassed by any of his predecossors. The past seven weeks have provided a breathtaking preview of Whittingham's potential with his own squad rebuilt from top to bottom and reasonably healthy. You are demonstrating the intellecutal rigor and emotional maturity of Mr Crimson. You probably think Rome took way too long to build.
What do you mean unlike BM? At the start of this year and last year, Ute fans were stating that they had 3 Heisman trophy qbs in the system, the best wide receivers in the MWC, a fantastic defense, and a genius for a coach. SI last year listed them as one of the 16 teams that could win the national championship, so don't give me the "nothing in the cupboard" speech.

They have since finished third last year and disappointed everyone this year (after being a pick to win the conference by many publications). During the same time frame, Bronco has taken a team that lost about 90% of its offensive firepower and has gone undefeated in conference. BYU had nobody on defense last year with experience, and prior to the year, anyone with a brain would have told you that the D-line was going to be an abysmal failure. It wasn't.

To date, Bronco has out-coached Whit. Plain and simple. I believe even you were noting Whit should be fired earlier in the year (and, no doubt, will in the future).

I am starting to wonder if your only criteria for measuring the intelligence of posts is your level of agreement with the post, regardless of what fact or reality would dictate.

I would submit one other post for consideration, before you hasten to name mine as one of the least intelligent posts you have seen:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...09&postcount=4

Last edited by Cali Coug; 11-11-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #16
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Boy, does this post belong on CB or what.
Funny enough, I thought CB had one of the better posts on the topic, via shakarocks.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3169226

I'm kinda surprised at people trying to justify either or both sides. Both men behaved badly, and tried to use the other's bad behavior as an excuse for their own. They're both poor sports in my book.

Why there's an argument about which idiot should be ranked MORE idiotic is kinda ... idiotic.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Rather than making a statement that makes him look like a fool, why not make a statement consistently throughout the year by winning his games?
He lives in my parents' ward, I'll have my dad give him this memo. I bet he never thought about that.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #18
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
It sounds like someone is a bit concerned about Nov. 24th.
The only concern I have as a BYU fan have about the 24th is do I go to Vegas to watch the basketball team play, or do I stay home and watch the football team kick the crap out of Utah, and put your POS coach in his place.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 AM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
The only concern I have as a BYU fan have about the 24th is do I go to Vegas to watch the basketball team play, or do I stay home and watch the football team kick the crap out of Utah, and put your POS coach in his place.
Imagine that. A BYU grad is a POS.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #20
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It is trully impressive that Whittingham could take a program that left him only 17 scholarship players and within 2.25 years raise it to the level where it was only beaten by UNLV by 27 points.

Utah in 2005 was much a mirror image of BYU this year. The Utes lost their skill players but returned most of the defense, the OL and running backs.

Utes are playing well right now. That much is true. I think Archaea is scared, but never forget he is the pussy who follows Patton around whispering in his ear that "all glory is fleeting."