cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 01:58 AM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I figure if I can't really grasp eternity, and I can't and I don't think it is really possible for a mortal mind to grasp it (how's that for arrogance?), then there is not much point in wondering what I am going to do in eternity or what I will enjoy. It is entirely possible, in my mind, that some of the things that give us pleasure here will be seen as immature relics of our prior existence, as opposed to being improved upon or employed with exaggerated effect. In other words, to use an analaogy, we won't just get bigger roller coasters, we'll get something else altogether and will look at roller coasters as a bit silly. What is the something else? Who knows.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:58 AM   #12
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Even if the there's sex in the celestial kingdom, I'm guessing most of the people there won't be doing it very well. I'm sure all the afterlife sex manuals will be written by people in the telestial kingdom.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:58 AM   #13
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
It comes from Joseph Fielding Smith. It's from Doctrines of Salvation.
This sort of thread always makes me wonder whatever happened to Fusnik
Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 AM   #14
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Huh? This is the first I've heard of this. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
I sit in a chair and focus on my belly button for a really long time and see what interesting thoughts just pop into my head
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:15 AM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Lisa, at least in Mormon doctrine, your dog would definitely be in heaven. Joseph Smith inquired of the Lord regardinng this question and received the answer that all living creatures continue into the next world.

Better be careful. You might become a Mormon by osmosis.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:11 AM   #16
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
It comes from Joseph Fielding Smith. It's from Doctrines of Salvation.
Hey now, if God has created billions of spirit children...and if he's as wise as they say...why should he leave a stork in charge of that process...
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #17
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure there's sex in the CK; that movie "God Makers" said so, and with multiple wives no less.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #18
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I have no comment on this thread other than to say that this has to be one of the funniest thread titles I have ever seen. I get a jolt every time I see it.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #19
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I have no comment on this thread other than to say that this has to be one of the funniest thread titles I have ever seen. I get a jolt every time I see it.
Agreed... I thought the title was going to be:

"No sex in the champagne room"
Old 12-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #20
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Sure there's sex in the CK; that movie "God Makers" said so, and with multiple wives no less.
I love that flick. I watched it while in the mission field with a very knowledgable, albeit disobedient, Swede convert Elder. He would periodically stop it and go into some tirade about the various falsehoods. I loved the outlined colors of red and black when all the long faced folks were going through the Temple Ceremony, I was rolling. Of course it was well past 9:30 pm and we also had a sister companionship enjoying the flick and popcorn, and while the Holy Ghost might have gone to bed, the APs did not and showed up right as it was ending. I believe it was inspiration and clearly God wanted me to see that movie or else the Great Elder John Reagh and Chris Bailey would have showed up an hour earlier.

As for the subject of the thread I certainly hope so or when I am a God and institute my own BYU my intentions to name it "Bown Bicha Bown Bown" University would go entirely unnoticed and never get a Cougarboard chuckle, unless of course we Gods will have our own message board and cryptic permutations which allows us to share secrets and lessons learned, perhaps then the whole evolutionary period won't take all of us so long and so many of our children won't be lost due to confusing philosophies of man such as survival of the fattest.