cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #11
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
well, i guess its becuase you have already arranged your coalitions and goals so there hasnot been any role for islamic countries to play ?
i am sure you know how a shared business works ..same interest ,same goals..
When 30% of your population can't read, your country has bigger problems than dealing with coalitions and worrying about obtaining a nuclear weapon.

You don't have to be rich to learn how to read, but it's advantageous for your nation's leaders to have an illiterate population who will chant "Death to America" right on demand.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #12
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
When 30% of your population can't read, your country has bigger problems than dealing with coalitions and worrying about obtaining a nuclear weapon.

You don't have to be rich to learn how to read, but it's advantageous for your nation's leaders to have an illiterate population who will chant "Death to America" right on demand.
funny and um...well a little bit logical .
Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #13
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
well, i guess its becuase you have already arranged your coalitions and goals so there hasnot been any role for islamic countries to play ?
i am sure you know how a shared business works ..same interest ,same goals..
There is definitely a role for moderate islam to play, and they haven't been playing it. That's why buildings are falling down and coalitions are getting arranged.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #14
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
There is definitely a role for moderate islam to play, and they haven't been playing it. That's why buildings are falling down and coalitions are getting arranged.
ofcourse there is.moderate islam would play wonderful role ..but the utmost obtacle is they are fed up of being played by big powers and your goals and thiers are become divisive in terms of interest ...so the first question agian ..are you both honestly looking for peace ? or one of you is looking for oil and power and the other is looking for its own interest?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #15
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ofcourse there is.moderate islam would play wonderful role ..but the utmost obtacle is they are fed up of being played by big powers and your goals and thiers are become divisive in terms of interest ...so the first question agian ..are you both honestly looking for peace ? or one of you is looking for oil and power and the other is looking for its own interest?
Well, I guess things are going to continue on their current path then. And lots more people are going to die.

I don't care about oil.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #16
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
Well, I guess things are going to continue on their current path then. And lots more people are going to die.

I don't care about oil.
you dont care about oil??
well i tend to believe you
Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #17
Mindfulcoug

but i am more hopeful ..i dont see us that impotent not to being able to find a way ..and i believe we have already started to take our first steps in .
we are getting to KNOW each other "directly " without being interrupted by media and propaganda and its actually great!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #18
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Am I looking for peace?

Well, by killing the radicals, we are looking to end terrorism and that would be a good start for peace, wouldn't you agree?

Again, it is up to moderate Muslims to stand up against radical Muslims. When will the moderates go on Al Jazeera and rally all who are not extremists to band together to squelch what the radicals are doing? When will they denounce Al Quaida, Hezbelah and others groups? When will they say enough is enough and join in the fight against terrorism?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 AM   #19
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...erspective-hed

"In May of that year, former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan wrote that on such issues as homosexuality, "conservative Americans have more in common with devout Muslims than with liberal Democrats." Chiding Bush for urging Muslims to embrace the modern American version of liberty and equality, Buchanan wrote, "Why not stand beside Islam, and against Hollywood and Hillary?""

interesting article ...

how about giving a chance to muslims for proving "who they really ARE" instead of making huge and constantly effort to deny "who they are NOT"
a better understanding of true islam would actually help drop radical islamists off .IMHO
We now know why Buchanan was very defensive of Lebanon.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #20
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Am I looking for peace?

Well, by killing the radicals, we are looking to end terrorism and that would be a good start for peace, wouldn't you agree?

Again, it is up to moderate Muslims to stand up against radical Muslims. When will the moderates go on Al Jazeera and rally all who are not extremists to band together to squelch what the radicals are doing? When will they denounce Al Quaida, Hezbelah and others groups? When will they say enough is enough and join in the fight against terrorism?
i would love to join you in this campaign ,but with my humble experiences its difficult to estimate the plan's prosperity .. pragmatically speaking.
most of the world and the most american people and politicians are saying "enough is enough " asking for american withdrawal from iraq ,yet no sign of progress.
of course moderate muslims would stand up against radicals ,and honestly not just for the sake of westerners ,but for the sake of thier beloved religion and the responsibility they hold toward it.