cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2007, 09:32 PM   #11
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Sounds like this punks are a bunch of a-holes that got what was coming to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
It sounds like this was the case; the guys were jerks and morons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
My first thought was also sadness at the loss of the tiger.
Wow. I'm speechless.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I'm speechless.
[8br joking font]I doubt it.[/8br joking font]

I'm not saying they deserved to die. Just the opposite. Jerks or not, when you buy a ticket to the zoo you're not assuming the risk that you may be eaten while there. I fault the zoo.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 AM   #13
8ballrollin

Default Raider Nation

I don't think this kid deserved to die; even if they were smoking pot, drunk and acting crazy (as reported). He didn't deserve to be eaten.

I mean no disrespect to the dead by this comment, but I laughed a little inside when I read he was buried in his Raiders jersey and all of his friends signed a Raiders football for him. I don't know why, but I just found it funny - in a East Bay sort of way.

“The 17-year-old boy who was killed by an escaped tiger at the San Francisco Zoo on Christmas Day was laid to rest this morning in an Oakland Raiders jersey as his two friends who survived the attack looked on.”

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MNM6UBBS7.DTL

Last edited by 8ballrollin; 01-09-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #14
8ballrollin

Once again, they didn't deserve to be mauled by a tiger, but these dudes are not good guys...

Quote:
The younger of two brothers who survived a Christmas Day tiger attack at the San Francisco Zoo has been sentenced to 16 months in state prison for violating his probation in a felony reckless driving case where he led police on a 140 mph chase through San Jose in April 2007.

Paul Dhaliwal, 20, was sentenced in December to 30 days in the Santa Clara County jail and three years of probation in that case, but three days after sentencing he was cited for marijuana possession when he was found with about 1.8 grams in his pocket while in the parking lot of a Milpitas hotel, court records show. He was also arrested in March on suspicion of shoplifting video-game controllers at East Bay Target stores.

Dhaliwal was sentenced last week in Santa Clara County Superior Court to 16 months in prison for violating probation in the chase case, Deputy District Attorney Stuart Scott said. Dhaliwal also pleaded guilty Wednesday to misdemeanor battery on a police officer, resisting arrest and public intoxication stemming from a drunken scuffle with San Jose police in September, Scott said.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAET12C6BP.DTL